Joseph, Gabriella, Julianna, James, and Elora

Joseph, Gabriella, Julianna, James, and Elora

Sunday, May 16, 2010

a whole new meaning to "waxing your eyebrows"

Soooo....this morning we were about to leave for church - a bit on early side, since Robert and I had to sing in the choir today. All was well, we were all ready to go and doing the usual get-everything-in-the-car-and-shut-down-the-house routine when I noticed a candle burning in the bathroom. (unfortunately, not for any romantic reasons...more for odor.) Definitely not a good idea to leave burning, a) while we were gone and b) around small children at all. So I leaned over and blew it out.

Or rather, tried to blow it out. It was a particularly stubborn candle - kind of like those trick birthday candles that won't blow out. I tried again...and again....silly candle would not extinguish! Finally I leaned in really close and pouf! I blew it out - and hot wax splashed up all over my face! Luckily it was only really warm, not hot, so I didn't get burned. But I now had tiny beads of wax all over - my eyebrows , my eyelashes, my forehead. And Robert was yelling from outside the door "Come on we're going to be late let's go!"


I had to scrape/peel all the wax off, which also resulted in most of my makeup coming off. Which meant I had to apply a good bit of it. Unfortunately my eyebrows didn't end up looking any better even after being "waxed." I guess I'll stick to plucking.

2 comments:

  1. Hehe yeah you should probably leave your eyebrow waxing to professionals. I completely forgot to wear any makeup to church yesterday. So I guess you wore double on my behalf!

    ReplyDelete
  2. how can you forget to wear makeup? That's like forgetting to wear shoes..gosh. ;-) haha just kidding. Makeup is really just a curse. It's like an addiction..wish I had the guts to give it up.

    ReplyDelete