Joseph, Gabriella, Julianna, James, and Elora

Joseph, Gabriella, Julianna, James, and Elora

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Today I...

- did Bible with the kids, in spite of one of the three yelling/screaming/crying at all times during the reading
- straightened and vaccuumed the front part of the house for one of Robert's customers (who never actually showed up)
- got the kitchen all clean and the dishes all washed and put away
- sorted all the laundry into loads
- put away all the clean laundry
- straightened up my room after the kids wrecked it while I was in the shower
- built the same puzzle with Joseph 6 different times
- kissed, bandaged, and comforted James after he cut his finger
- nursed a grumpy and teething Ellie pretty much perpetually, in spite of the fact that she kept trying to bite me

Wow. I guess I actually was pretty productive. No wonder I feel so tired.

Here are the things I still need to get done (but probably won't because it is SO hot):

-make dinner (ugh, too hot...I don't feel like cooking anything, much less eating it...maybe we'll have a salad...)
- straighten up the toyroom (think I'll save that for tomorrow)
- do 8 more loads of laundry (ummmm, maybe...)
- do my exercise video or take a walk (again, too hoooottttt....)

Hmmm...or maybe I'll sit here under the ceiling fan and help Joseph with his puzzle again. And we can have snow cones for dinner. That sounds good.

But I also:
- got hugs from Joseph
- listened to James and Gabriella giggle together
- had an actual conversation with Robert for the better part of an hour
- realized how much I love being a mom!
I think that makes today (ouch! Gabriella - stop biting me!!!) a success.

2 comments:

  1. Wow I am majorly impressed! You go girl! I need to be that productive. I rarely am, and I don't even have kiddos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you do have an away-from-home job though! That takes up a lot of time. I remember going to work and then coming home and not feeling like cooking dinner or doing any chores at all. I'm sure you are plenty productive. You do a lot more decorating than me!

    ReplyDelete