Joseph, Gabriella, Julianna, James, and Elora

Joseph, Gabriella, Julianna, James, and Elora

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

How much $ am I wearing??

Ok, after reading this article, I was kind of interested. So I took inventory of what I'm wearing and decided to figure out how expensive my outfit is today:

jeans: $19.99 - from Cato (one of 2 pairs I own)
tank top: $9.99 (on sale) - ditto
button-up shirt: $9.99 (also on sale) - Cato again (can you tell I love that store?)
belt: $7 - ditto
unmentionables: $1 (Wal-mart) and $17.99 (Target - but again, one I wear every day)
hairclip: $3.99 WalMart
jewelry: earrings $5, WalMart
socks: $1.50 Target
Skechers: $39.99 (sale) and once again, I wear them every day

so far, $116.44 for my clothes (which is actually a little more than I expected...)
if you add in the accessories I always take with me, my cell phone, which I think was about $150, and my purse, which was a $5 find from Savers, and my diaper bag, which was a gift from a friend but let's say it cost $20, which is all I would spend on a diaper bag, I'm up to...
(hang on, crunching numbers....)
(ok, just kidding, I am using the computer's calculator!)
$291.44 to dress me and get me out the door. Wow, I'm expensive! At least that feels bad to me. And yet, it is not quite 1/5 of what they're saying the average woman in the UK wears every day. Yikes!
Of course, if you add in my most important accessories, namely...
Joseph
James
and Gabriella

well, let's see, they cost about $2000 apiece just for hospital/midwife fees while being born, then add in all the diapers, wipes, clothes, food over the last 3 years....
I am probably pushing more like 10K. Yup, I guess I am one expensive woman!
Sorry, honey. ;-)

2 comments:

  1. Ooh I want to try! Today should be a cheap one for me since my clothes were all on sale!
    Jeans: $20 at Buffalo Exchange
    Shirt: $3.74 Target sale rack
    Jacket: gift from Mom from Kohls...FREE!
    Shoes: $15 from Payless
    Bra: also a gift from mom!
    Underwear: $3?
    Earings and Necklace: gift my Mother in Law gave me yay free!
    Uh oh....Wedding and engagement rings: I think about $1100 total...wow...
    So without counting my jewlery, $41.74, plus my phone was like $35 sunglasses $10, purse $10... so now I'm pushing $100, in an admittedly cheap outfit....but if you count the jewlery, almost $1200...ouch.

    I vote for amortizing all items that are worn daily...so if you divide the price of my rings by the number of days I've been married (not even counting my engagement), its like $2 a day so far...and I haven't been married very long...so that will go down and down and down.

    So Kat you can amortize all your items that you wear over and over again, like your jeans and shoes and purse and phone...and then just plan on those kiddos taking care of you in your old age. You're not sooo expensive!

    Wow long comment. I should have just made my own blog post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha no I liked your comment. It is the best one anyone has ever made on my blog! ;-) I tried to figure out how to count my wedding ring, but since it's an antique family heirloom, I have no idea how to count in monetarily...sentimentally it is priceless! (as I'm sure every woman's wedding ring is to her...so I don't think wedding/engagement rings should count in general...)

    I agree that things you wear daily...or almost every day, and since I have only 2 pairs of jeans, 1 skirt, and about 4 shirts I wear on a daily basis, that brings my outfit down to like $2. haha. ;-) It was kind of a fun exercise, though. It's nice to know we are thrifty women, not expensive ones!

    ReplyDelete