Joseph, Gabriella, Julianna, James, and Elora

Joseph, Gabriella, Julianna, James, and Elora

Monday, May 10, 2010

Monster Repellent and Fairy Dust

I simply cannot understand my boys' obsessession with smearing deodorant all over the mirrored closet doors in our bedroom. I admit that I've never actually tried smearing deodorant on mirrors, but then, I fail to see the allure.
However, turnabout is fair play. My mom never understood why my sister and I had to sprinkle baby powder all over her room. We tried to explain that it was fairy dust and we had to throw it on ourselves as we jumped off her bed so we could fly like Peter Pan! All she saw was her room covered in a fine white layer that was, I'm sure now, a terrible mess to clean up. (sorry, Mom)
But for us, that hour was magical. We were Wendy and Tinkerbell on our way to Neverland to consort with Indians and pirates and mermaids and, of course, Peter.

Which is why I try not to yell too much at my kids when I discover that, yet again, they've besmeared my nice clean mirrors. Because who knows? They might need to cover those mirrors with monster repellent to keep out whatever scary thing lives behind those closet doors. Who am I to stand in their way?

1 comment:

  1. Sadly, I don't think that was the only time we got into the baby powder. Remember when we covered ourselves in it while trying to look like Snow White? Hehe we were bad....

    ReplyDelete