Joseph, Gabriella, Julianna, James, and Elora

Joseph, Gabriella, Julianna, James, and Elora

Monday, June 6, 2011

Boys and Girls Rooms

My sister Daniella has been posting pictures of a different room in her new house on her blog each week. Inspired by her example (or perhaps driven to compete with her; after all, a lifetime of sibling rivalry is a hard habit to break), I decided it was high time I posted some pictures of my own house. I haven't actually posted any since the Great Mold Incident of 2010 and all the changes that resulted from it.

Since I can't seem to get any of the main rooms in our house to stay clean long enough to photograph, I'll start with the kids rooms. (yes, it IS ironic that their rooms are the cleanest rooms in the house...mainly because they don't want to play in there. It's much more fun to mess up Mama's part of the house! ;-) I took the pictures of Gabriella's room because Daniella gave me the curtains, and I wanted her to see how they looked!


These are not great pictures (I think it was a cloudy day) but enough to show that her room is pale yellow with white trim...

and her curtains have tiny blue and yellow flowers on them. I wish I could have gotten a better picture.
The curtains are also reversible, so if I get bored of one color scheme I can switch to the other side.

I originally wanted to make her room yellow with pink accents, but she seems to have an awful lot of purple stuff (like her quilt that Grammie made her). Of course, she also has some pink stuff. So I might do some purple and some pink. I think I'll get a little throw rug for her room too. And I haven't really decorated her room much yet. Eventually we will get twin bed or a trundle for this room and both girls will sleep in here - but for now Elora shares with us!

(Note: You can just barely see the wood floors in the corner of the 2nd picture...)

Here are a few pictures of the boys' room that Joseph took:
 The boys room is blue and white. The guest bathroom is painted the same color as their room.


















A view of their curtains (taken from the top bunk, where Joseph sleeps. I think he was supposed to be napping while he took these pictures!)


















As you can see, they have stickers from the movie Cars all over their walls. They have Cars sheets and blankets too.

I plan to do some red accents in the boys' room because Joseph requested more red in his room, and I had to tell him I was not going to go back and repaint his walls red! Red ties for his curtains, red toy baskets, and maybe paint his light switch covers red too. A friend of mine painted all the electrical outlet covers in her daughters room and they looked so pretty, so I want to try it...when I have time. Haha.

I am s-l-o-w-l-y putting all my pictures and decorations back up (hanging on the wall is slightly safer than knicknacks, so that's my main form of decorating for the time being) after moving back in 6 months ago...so I will try to post some more pictures soon.

3 comments:

  1. It's looking good! I like the curtains, they do look fabulous if I do say so myself ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! I love the girls room. :) Our boys like cars as well... must be in the male gene. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joseph is going to be a great photographer like his grampa and uncle phillip. He did some nice shots!

    ReplyDelete