Joseph, Gabriella, Julianna, James, and Elora

Joseph, Gabriella, Julianna, James, and Elora

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Best Friends!

I got some very exciting news today: my best friend is coming to visit!


Rachel and I have been friends for almost 20 years (I can't believe I am old enough to say I have been anything for 20 years!), in spite of living in two different states for most of that time. We always have a great time whenever we do manage to get together: going to the Renaissance Fair, going to Europe with my dad, playing horses (okay, not recently) and just trying to catch up on years of absence in a few days!

Rachel and I sitting on the steps of a cathedral in Venice

 Every year we try to squeeze in at least one visit, although we would prefer more, and this year, thanks to my unwillingness to spend 8 hours in the ca with 4 little kids, she is coming here!

Rachel looking very lovely - and pensive - as my maid of honor in our wedding (6 years ago!)

I am very excited for her to see our house, which we had just bought but not moved into last time she was here, and of course our new baby Elora! The kids all love "Aunt Rachel" and I know they are excited to see her again too.

Rachel and I doing our part to keep the leaning tower of Pisa from finally collapsing...

I know our visit will be filled with lots and lots of talking, coffee, and late night catching up (thus the coffee)! Now I just have to get ready for her visit...which involves transforming my guestroom from "random storage" into "lovely and actually useful" and lots of cleaning and cooking.

I can hardly wait! I will try to take pictures documenting our visit (something I am terrible at, as evidenced by my limited stash of pictures of the two of us!) and post them so you all can see what a delightful time we had.
Here is a REALLY old picture of us being silly

1 comment:

  1. Yay! That will be so fun! Have I ever mentioned that I LOVE the name Rachel? Can I name one of my children Rachel (probably a girl) or are you saving it for your next daughter?

    ReplyDelete