Joseph, Gabriella, Julianna, James, and Elora

Joseph, Gabriella, Julianna, James, and Elora

Thursday, April 1, 2010

From one April Fool to another

I think April Fool's Day is really "let's exploit guillable people" day. Which doesn't work out so well for me, since I am guillable. I like to think of it as "trusting." or "honest." But really, that just means I'm credulous and others (namely, my evil husband) can turn that to their advantage. Observe:

This morning, I was awakened from a lovely sleep by my husband tearing into our room and shouting "Katya, get up!" in a panicked sounding voice. Terrified visions of bleeding, injured, and possibly dying children and trips to emergency rooms tore through my foggy brain and I sprang out of bed, only to find my husband rolling on the floor in laughter.


"I was going to say 'the house is on fire,' " he gasped out between chuckles, "but you panicked before I could even get it out. I've never seen you move that fast!"

Needless to say, I murdered him. And buried his body in the backyard. And danced on his grave. And it served him right.

You just do not mess with a mother's head about the safety of her children. Some things are sacred.

No comments:

Post a Comment