Joseph, Gabriella, Julianna, James, and Elora

Joseph, Gabriella, Julianna, James, and Elora

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Crown fit for a baby princess

After having two boys, I was so excited to have a girl baby! Frilly pink dresses and lace and hair ribbons...well, the first two fantasies have come true. I have one of those girl babies with the hair (or lack thereof) that causes everyone to say "oh he - she? - is so cute!" I have tried all kinds of hair bows and clips, but those stretchy infant headbands are too tight for her head, and the clips won't stay. I had pretty much given up until I saw this picture:


I just about died. This "crown" is SO cute and pretty and dainty, and it would be so easy to make. A little tulle, some baby silk roses...I bet I could get all the materials from JoAnn's or Hobby Lobby for a couple dollars. I am going to make her one for Easter...to match her dress, which is cream satin with little pink roses on it. Sigh. Just saying that fulfills some deep-seated girliness within me!
The only question now is if she'll leave it on long enough for me to take pictures? If I succeed, I'll post them.

1 comment:

  1. Awww too cute! I want to see her in her littel crown! What a good idea!

    ReplyDelete