Joseph, Gabriella, Julianna, James, and Elora

Joseph, Gabriella, Julianna, James, and Elora

Saturday, July 2, 2011

6 years and counting...

Today I have been married to the finest man that I know, in my not-so-humble opinion, for six years.  I know that he's not perfect, but he is perfect for me.

It constantly amazes me how God managed to put two people together who are so different as Robert and I are (he doesn't even like to read fiction, for goodness sake! ;-) but who complement each others strengths and weaknesses so well. He teaches me how to trust and how to discipline; I teach him how to be compassionate and patient. It just proves how God knows exactly what He's doing!

Some people say the first year of marriage is the "honeymoon period" and then the disillusionment wears off. I would definitely disagree with that! In lots of way, I think the first year of marriage was the hardest simply because it took a lot of getting used to living with someone else, and adjusting to the melding of two separate lives into one.

But now I can't remember what life was like before we were married. When Robert's gone, no matter what I'm doing or how enjoyable the time may be, I feel his absence constantly, like I would if one of my arms were missing!


Suffice it to say, I'm crazy about this man, and I look forward to spending the next 294 years with him!

1 comment:

  1. Ahh, how sweet! 294 years?! Are you sure? Just kidding. I hope you get all those years!
    I know God will bless you greatly through this. Thanks for being such an image of a godly wife to me.

    ReplyDelete