Joseph, Gabriella, Julianna, James, and Elora

Joseph, Gabriella, Julianna, James, and Elora

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Mr. Literal

The following is an example of children applying Biblical truth to their own lives:

Today in Bible, we read the story of Joshua and the Battle of Jericho. For fun, I made the children march around seven times and then yell like the Israelites did (they loved that part!). Then I told them to go push on the walls of our house and see if they could push them over (needless to say, they couldn't). We talked about how God was the only one who could have knocked the walls down. They thought it was great fun, and I thought I had taught them an important lesson.

A few minutes later, I heard Joseph praying the following prayer:

"Dear God, please could You knock down the walls of our house after we march around seven times? Thank you, Amen."

2 comments:

  1. Oh, that is so funny, and won't you be amazed if GOD does knock those walls down!! I think it was a great lesson, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm afraid that's one prayer I DON'T want God to answer yes for Joseph! We just got this house back together,and I really would rather NOT have the walls knocked down...;-)

    ReplyDelete