Joseph, Gabriella, Julianna, James, and Elora

Joseph, Gabriella, Julianna, James, and Elora

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Reason #128 to have lots of children

Today I was attempting to do dishes when Gabriella fell down and hurt herself...again. Not that I'm not sympathetic...it's just that she falls down and hurts herself (in minor ways) A LOT and she's kind of a drama queen about it, screaming and crying and acting like the world is at an end. So when it happened today, I must admit I mentally said "Oh no...no again" as she came running toward me wailing at top volume.

But then, something happened. Elora, who was standing up playing in her exosaucer toy, caught Gabriella's eye and smiled a huge smile at her. Gabriella immediately stopped crying, said "Oh. Baby," and went to play with her sister like that had been her plan all along, forgetting all about the fact that she was "gravely injured." I smiled and went back to my dishes.


See why you should have lots of children? They distract each other from remembering their injuries.

2 comments:

  1. Awwwwwwwww so cute! And Gabriella looks JUST like you in that picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet story. So glad you have such a large list of reasons for having children!!

    ReplyDelete