Joseph, Gabriella, Julianna, James, and Elora

Joseph, Gabriella, Julianna, James, and Elora

Monday, August 29, 2011

Happy birthday to...

 I realize that today is Monday, and that it has been several weeks since I actually posted about "one of the women I most admire." I have good excuse - no really, I do! - in that for the past 3 weeks I have either had company (a rare event) or been out of town (an even more rare event!) It was delightful to get to see my best friend Rachel and my best friend/sister Daniella! Life has been hectic, but fun, and now it is just starting to settle back to normal, and we are getting ready for school and Awana and choir and all those activities to start!

Today, instead of "one of the women I most admire," I have to post about a future women, my little girl Gabriella, because today is her 2nd birthday! In some ways it's hard to believe she's already 2...but in many ways we think of her as being much older than she is! She is such a little mother to everyone around her, including her parents, her brothers, her baby sister, her dolls, and all and sundry "dog-dogs," "kitty-cats," and "cheep-cheeps" that cross her path!
She made this "sling" for her baby doll herself, out of one of her brother's old t-shirts!

When Gabriella was born, I tried so hard to convince everyone to call her "Ellie," which I thought was just the cutest nickname...but it never stuck. Everyone at church calls her "Gabby," but her main nickname is "Gabs" courtesy of Joseph, and that's pretty much what we all call her. It fits, too, because she is quite gabby! She can pretty much communicate whatever she wants/needs, and she is quite proficient at tattling on her brothers! She is a girly girl through and through - every color is "pink" no matter what color the object actually is, and she loves shoes, purses, and makeup - although she has gotten in trouble for getting into it so many times that she walks around saying "makeup a NO-no" at random intervals, just to be sure we remember. She has recently started praying little prayers, in her own way, at Bible and dinner time, and her favorite Bible story is Jesus feeding the five thousand with loaves and "fishies."  She has a very sweet and affectionate nature...but she is also the most strong willed child I have ever seen...yikes. I am just praying that she will align her will with God's will for her life, and then she can be as strong willed as she likes! 


Happy birthday, my sweet Gabriella! I am so blessed to be your Mama!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday!! What a blessing it will be for her to read about your admiration one day. You are just so richly blessed!!

    ReplyDelete