Joseph, Gabriella, Julianna, James, and Elora

Joseph, Gabriella, Julianna, James, and Elora

Thursday, March 18, 2010

This is why I keep everything...

Last summer when I was pregnant with Gabriella, I had a really nice knee-length maternity jean skirt that went with all my tops. After she was born, I wanted a similar skirt that wasn't maternity. And then I saw a really cute jean on sale at Wal-Mart. (This picture is not my skirt, but one that looks fairly similar from this website.) Of course they had every size except mine. I combed through the entire clearence section to no avail. Came back a few days later and presto! There was my skirt, hanging by itself, in my size, for $5! I was so excited; I bought it, rushed home, and tried it on and... :-( well, let's just say I could zip it up, but breathing was optional. (hey, I had just had a baby!) Depressed, I put it in closet and forgot about it, especially since it was soon winter and I was in jeans mode.

Fast forward to yesterday, when both pairs of jeans were dirty and I was rifling through my closet looking for something to wear. I pulled out the jean skirt and figured, "what the heck, I may as well try it." Success! Zippage and breathing and it looks quite good on me, I might add! I now have a cute jean skirt that goes with everything and I can wear all summer.

And that, my friends, is why I never get rid of anything.


1 comment:

  1. YAY for losing weight!!! I have not had this experience in a long time - its always "HEY! This USED to fit me! No fair!" ;)

    ReplyDelete