Joseph, Gabriella, Julianna, James, and Elora

Joseph, Gabriella, Julianna, James, and Elora

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Just a really great day

I had a terrific day today! It wasn't really due to any one big thing, but rather a bunch of little things that were wonderful and enjoyable.

Woke up this morning to find Mom at my house! She picked us up on her way home from dropping Dad at the airport and took us to her house, where we spent a lovely day together. I got to help my sister Lydia with her paper on Taming of the Shrew, which was super fun to me because I got to brush up my old literature knowledge and skills, and actually use that rusty part of my brain! ;-) Then I worked a little bit on a dress for my sister Sophie to wear to the Regency Ball! It is the MOST gorgeous dress, based on the American Girl Felicity doll's dress. It is also the most complicated pattern I've ever attempted, and we didn't get much done on it, but we will work more next time. (Promise, Sophie!)

Then Mom and the kids and I drove back into town and I got to stop by my friend Sarah's house and see her new baby boy! He is an adorable CHUNK, and it was so nice to see her after such a long time. After that we went to the pet store and admired all the animals! (Going to the pet store is way better than having a pet - the kids get to see and play with animals that I don't have to clean up after!) Then Daddy surprised us by meeting us there. He did something very sweet for me - actually went to the beauty salon and bought me a curling iron I had been wanting, along with some chocolate! ;-) Then he drove us home, and we had a crock pot full of spaghetti ready to eat when we arrived! Hooray!

I am feeling very blessed tonight and thankful for a such a wonderful ordinary day! I hope your day was half as good as mine!

2 comments:

  1. That sounds wondiferous! I'm glad you had such a great day, I know you needed it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun!! You did have a delightful day. :) I am very, very glad. May you have many more!

    How sweet of your folks to pick you up, buy you a curling iron, chocolate.... Aren't we so blessed with parents who really try to show their love?

    ReplyDelete