Joseph, Gabriella, Julianna, James, and Elora

Joseph, Gabriella, Julianna, James, and Elora

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Dress up Sunday

My oldest son Joseph is quite fastidious about his clothing. Okay, truth be told, he's a wee bit vain! He insists on picking out his own clothes each day (sometimes with interesting results) and he has been known to stand in front of the mirror combing his hair and exclaiming "I'm so handsome!" to no one in particular. He loves his "dress clothes" for fancy occasions and tries to wear them all kinds of places, even when they are way too formal. He also loves church and gets so excited about going there, which fills my motherly heart with joy!

This past Sunday, he ran off to get dressed before anyone else, and he showed up in his most fancy suit, complete with vest, tie, and what he calls his "dancing shoes."

 I figured hey, why not - let him dress up for church even though it was not really a special occasion. After all, I think its always nicer to be a little overdressed than under-dressed, and he's outgrowing his clothes awfully fast. Then his sister got in on the action and picked out her frilly pink Easter dress.

Then I had to dress Elora in her matching pink Easter dress, and then the rest of us had to dress up just to fit in! So we had a "Voss Family Dress-Up Sunday" which meant we all wore our nicest clothes for no particular reason, and it was quite fun.



I thought this would be the perfect opportunity to try to take pictures of all 4 kids again, since I don't really have a good one and they looked so nice. I even offered bribes to sit still and smile. Here is what I got:

 Attempt #1

 Attempt #2

Attempt #3

After that, I gave up. My children do clean up nice...but they are determined that Mama will be the only one who ever knows that!

3 comments:

  1. Hehe those pictures made laugh out loud. They are so cute and I miss them! I don't care how dressed up they are, just keep posting pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite picture of my children look like that. At least you have all of your children dressed. I have a few that stripped their nice clothes off and ended up almost bare by the time I got the photo taken. THEN, I had to wait for the photo lab to send them back so that I could see how bad the picture was. I must confess I love opening your blog page just to see those faces - all dressed, but what spunk they seem to have. Makes me smile all over, so don't change a thing about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet they did it on propose. Bad kids, give them all kisses!

    ReplyDelete