Joseph, Gabriella, Julianna, James, and Elora

Joseph, Gabriella, Julianna, James, and Elora

Thursday, February 25, 2010

My goals

So I've been challenged by my sister's last post to come up with some goals of my own. Yes, I am a mom, but I am still a person if my own right (even though I often don't feel like it!) and I think some goals, both personal and for my family, will help me to focus and see more "big picture" accomplishments than laundry or dishes.

Here are some of my goals:

- exercise at least 3 times a week (if I accomplish this I'll bump it up to every day!)
- go outside every day
- watch less TV - me and my kids!
- eat less sugar
- take a class from Noah Webster College
- read one classic work of literature every month
- work at decorating my house in child-proof ways that also make it beautiful
- remind myself how thankful I am for my children every time I look at the stains on my carpet and the crayon on my walls
- be braver about encountering and even seeking out new experiences: try wearing different clothes, eating new foods, talking to people, and going places I haven't before
- join a book club (or start a book club!)
- finish one of the many books I've started writing
- do Bible study and schoolwork with my kids every day
- spend some individual time with each of my children every day
- do Bible study with my husband
- sew clothes for my children
- clean out all our stuff and donate the things we don't need to someone who does
- talk less and listen more
- have a thankful heart instead of complaining!

Some of these goals are things I need to work on every day, while others may take me months or even years to accomplish! But these are some things I would like to do. I'll add to it as I think of more goals. Or I'm open to suggestions!

2 comments:

  1. Great goals! I should have gotten you to help me write my own goals! Actually, I should have made one of my goals "Inspire someone else to write stuff on their blog" and I would have been DONE! JK. ;) but at least I know you're reading it. We can both know that we have 1 faithful reader. Yay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha...go back and add that to your list and then you can cross it off! The nice thing about reading each other's goals is that we can encourage one another to work on them!

    ReplyDelete