Joseph, Gabriella, Julianna, James, and Elora

Joseph, Gabriella, Julianna, James, and Elora

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

{things I've said}

A short list of things I've actually said to my children this week:

(to Joseph) "Take that camel out of your mouth and finish your reading lesson!"
(Note - I was talking about a plastic piece of the nativity set, not a cigarette, in case you're worried)



(James) "We do NOT pee in plastic bags and then hide them under the table!!"


(Gabriella) "Please take your finger OUT of my ear and do not put it in there again!"

(to Robert) "I have to go clean the dried tuna fish off the piano before Mom comes to give Joseph his piano lesson."

(to myself) "Why is there peanut butter all over the piano keys AGAIN?!"

and, lest you feel that Elora is being left out, here's my anecdote about her this week. She talks in her sleep. It's pretty much the cutest thing ever. A few nights ago, she rolled over in her sleep, sang/said "Di-e-go! Go, Diego, go! I watch Diego?" and then fell instantly asleep again. (Diego is her favorite tv show in the whole entire world. It's kind of like the boy version of Dora the Explorer. We're all quite sick of it...but she loves it.)

Then last night, James came in to tell us he'd had a nightmare about bears. Elora was asleep in my lap and she suddenly sat bolt upright, said "Bears?!" and then fell back asleep. I almost woke her up again, I was laughing so hard.

Yes, life with these little people is many things...but it's definitely never boring.


4 comments:

  1. Gee. I seem to remember making some equally esoteric remarks to my own children in the distant past.....eg. "WHY are you running around outside in loincloths in subfreezing temperatures, Katya and Daniella?"....and "If I want to dry your brother in the dryer I'll do it myself. I'm the mom." Did your karma just run over your dogma?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh sure, Grammie, laugh it up...it's easy for you NOW...;-) At least Daniella and I never bottled our own bodily fluids...

      Delete
  2. Haha. The wonderful thing is that you are writing all of these down. I always said I was going to but that is one of my regrets - no really good blackmail material to use against them. Hide these writings. They will serve you well one day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good point...these sayings will be great to repeat at their rehearsal dinner "roasts" when they get married. We did that for Isaac, but there were SO many stories that we didn't remember until AFTER the wedding, when it was too late! ;-) Ah well...it's probably better that way...now Melissa is stuck with him and no story, however horrifying, can make her break it off, haha! ;-)

    ReplyDelete