Joseph, Gabriella, Julianna, James, and Elora

Joseph, Gabriella, Julianna, James, and Elora

Friday, March 9, 2012

Bathroom Remodel (finally)

So I happened upon an SD card the other day which contained a bunch of pictures I thought I'd lost when the camera broke! There are some fun pictures of the kids and Aunt Rachel's visit and Auntie Daniella's visit...but really what I wanted to show you was the pictures of our bathrooms! As you all remember from The Great Mold Incident of 2010, we had to totally redo our bathrooms (as well as rip out all the carpet and wash everything that was made of fabric and throw away a lot of stuff) to get rid of it. BUT the upside was that A) we got to live at Grammy and Grandpa's house for 4 months, which was especially nice cause I was down with morning sickness almost every day and B) we got lovely new bathrooms out of the deal. We finally got them all spruced up and prettified for our visitors, and I took some pictures to post here but then the camera broke and I figured they were gone. Surprise! Here they are!

(Disclaimer: Our bathrooms no longer look like this - at least, not this nice and neat and pretty. The kids have painted all over the walls in their bathroom and our bathroom got a bit torn up when they installed new windows. But this is what they're SUPPOSED to look like!)

Here's the guest bathroom:


 Yes, that mirror over the sink is not actually white - it's off white. I was quite annoyed by this because it specifically says "GLACIER WHITE" on the package. But I never got around to returning it to Home Depot and exchanging for the actual white one, so it's still there. Maybe I can paint it white. Someday.

The bathroom is not really that big, but I kept trying to get the whole thing in one shot and failing. This is my best effort.



And now for the master bathroom. Everything else is exactly the same, but I changed up the color scheme to black and white:


The shower and counter tops are cultured marble with kind of a grayish-black pattern and oh, so much nicer than what we had before!  Oh, yes, and the floors in the master bath are wood, while the floors in the guest bath are squares of linoleum stuff that refuses to actually stick to the floor. (Someday Jeff is going to fix that for us. Who is Jeff, you ask? Well, that's another post but basically he is our Mr. Fix-All handyman. ;-)

It is so nice to have two full working bathrooms and no mold! (Well, okay, 1 and a half working bathrooms...the kids have appropriated the "guest" bathroom as their own and broken the shower handle so now only the bath works...maybe Someday we will get them both fully working again!)

2 comments:

  1. I've seen them in person, and they're very nice...if not always quite this neat ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow!! I wish I had the Neal talent for choosing colors. Those bathrooms are beautiful, and now I want to know how do you keep from spending all day in there??

    ReplyDelete