Joseph, Gabriella, Julianna, James, and Elora

Joseph, Gabriella, Julianna, James, and Elora

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Good News

Lest anyone accuse me of only posting complaints on my blog, today's post will be entirely dedicated to ALL the good news going on in our household right now - and there's a lot of it!

FIRST, Joseph has his first loose tooth!

(He vacillates between being excited about the Tooth Fairy visit and terrified at the thought of it falling out while he's sleeping and him swallowing it, thus depriving him of the coveted "prize." He's such a silly goose. Can't believe my oldest is old enough to loose teeth now...*sniff*...Mama moment...NO, wait, back to happy!!! Banish those tears!)

SECONDLY, James has been so well behaved and grown up lately!

Yesterday he even got out his school book and started doing schoolwork all on his own. (And yes, it was definitely motivated by a desire to test drive his new crayons.;-) It's really hard to get him to do the "sit down and follow the directions" kind of schoolwork, but when he decides he wants to do it, boy, he does it! And it's getting very clear that his preschool book is way too easy and boring for him - he needs a challenge! He reminds me of both his Daddy and Grandpa Dan in that respect. I wonder if anyone sells a phonics book entirely based on bugs....

THIRDLY, Gabriella is ALL POTTY TRAINED!!!

 (I confess this is the one that I am the most excited about. ;-) She has been working hard for months, and we promised her an "ice-cream party" once she managed to be dry for a whole week. She's come SO close several times, but then had an accident and we had to reset the clock. But this week she finally managed it, and last night we celebrated with ice cream after dinner. Hooray! That only leaves me with one in diapers. Awesome.

FOURTHLY, Elora is getting more teeth - her 2 year molars!

I count this as good news, although there are moments when she isn't terribly happy about it, poor baby. But she's growing up too. In fact, she hardly even counts as a baby anymore! She's pretty much a full blown toddler, who loves to climb and get into EVERYTHING! She's super-cute. And I'm not biased at all....

and FINALLY, my good news is that my best friend Rachel is coming to visit!!! She and her sister Elsie are driving down tomorrow for a short visit over the weekend. We don't get to see each other but about twice a year, if we're lucky, so needless to say I am VERY excited about it!!

In fact, if you'll excuse me, I need to go work on cleaning my house in preparation for their visit....

Hope your day is as filled with good news an mine!

2 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful time with Rachel. This was such a great post with all their beautiful faces. You and Robert have done a fabulous job and seem to be facing the challenges with great attitudes (maybe you don't think so all the time, but you just can't fake the sense of humor you have).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you HAVE to have a sense of humor in order to survive life as a mom! If nothing else, parenting teaches you not to take yourself so seriously! ;-)

      Delete