Joseph, Gabriella, Julianna, James, and Elora

Joseph, Gabriella, Julianna, James, and Elora

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

You picked the WRONG car, buddy

Our car was broken into this morning was Robert was at the gym. Someone smashed the front windshield and discovered (to their dismay, I'm sure) that there was absolutely nothing in our car worth stealing. The only thing they took? Two packages sitting on the front seat that I had given to Robert to mail for me, since his office is right next to the post office.

I have to admit, I really wish I could be there to see the thief's face when he opens the packages. You see, he got away with a $20 bra I was returning and a braid of hair I was sending to Locks of Love after my haircut! I have a feeling he's going to be quite disappointed. Unless, of course, the thief is a woman. A bald woman who happens to wear my exact bra size. If that's the case, she's welcome to them. Finding the right size bra is so difficult that I can understand the desperation of breaking into someone's car for it - I am almost tempted myself! ;-) On the other hand, the thief stole hair. For making wigs. For children with cancer. He should be SO ashamed of himself!

While having our car broken into is really annoying and costs us time and money, I can see a lot of blessings in this situation. Robert usually takes his expensive laptop to work, but for some reason today he didn't. I took most of the carseats out last night - not that anyone would probably take them, but if they did, it would cost us $400 to replace them all! Even the packages - usually our packages consist of expensive computer parts for his company Robert is exchanging. Also, there was some mix-up with our insurance that we just recently discovered and straightened out; otherwise it would have been cancelled. So overall I am just very thankful that we didn't have anything worth stealing!

(Also, I can say I have something in common with Rapunzel. We both have people trying to steal our hair!)

1 comment:

  1. Wow, what a "coincidence" that you didn't have anything life-changing to be stolen! Praise God. :) Don't you wish you were a fly on the wall when the thief opens those packages?? :D:D Bummer about the locks of Love. Sarah has done that before, and it is not a quick thing.

    May we all start calling you Rapunzel's sister?

    ReplyDelete