Joseph, Gabriella, Julianna, James, and Elora

Joseph, Gabriella, Julianna, James, and Elora

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

There for a reason

Dear female friends,
(if you're a guy, keep on walking - this post ain't for you!)

Go look at yourself in the mirror. Yes, I mean it. Are you standing in front of it? Good. Now open your eyes. Yes, both of them! Now take a good long look at your hips. Yes, I'm serious! Don't panic - of course you should skip that questionable waistline area. Really, look at your hips. Those nice wide sturdy hips. And now admire them! You think I'm being mean and sarcastic. I'm really not! Promise!

And now, if you have ever given birth, gives those wide hips a pat and say "thank you!" Because you KNOW it would have hurt EVEN WORSE if not for those things! Be grateful. IT COULD HAVE BEEN WORSE.

If you're a young lady who's not yet given birth, admire your wide hips in anticipation. Just wait. You will be SO grateful for them someday.

And if you're a gal with narrow hips...well...I'm not really sure what to say to you. Except...I'm sorry, girl. You got gypped. More kegel exercises, maybe?

And if you're a guy...ha! Caught you! You're still reading, are you? Brave man. Go out and marry a wife with wide hips. Then tell her how beautiful her hips are. She will thank you someday.

  

2 comments:

  1. Haha such deep thoughts for so early in the morning ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!! John said he married me because I was "broad between the hooks and pins" - and yes, that's what you look for in a cow!!! I learned it was a compliment, and I did appreciate his enthusiasm when I got on the scales while pregnant. As the numbers "inched" up, he'd remind me "Skinny cows don't have healthy calves". I was glad he appreciated the change in the body during pregnancy!!

    So, yes, let's be proud of what GOD gave us!!

    ReplyDelete