Joseph, Gabriella, Julianna, James, and Elora

Joseph, Gabriella, Julianna, James, and Elora

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Costume parade...

As I mentioned before, this year's kind of the first year we really planned to do anything for Halloween. And, as it turned out, we didn't actually really do anything different! We were going to go to a "trunk-or-treat" event at a local church, but Robert had to work late, and we found out later that it had a lot of scary stuff, so I'm glad we didn't! Instead we dressed the kids in their costumes, had a nice dinner at home, watched a movie together, and ate way too much candy! It was a fun night just to spend together as a family, and I got to dress up the kids and (attempt) to take their pictures! They also got to wear their costumes to Awana on Sunday night because it was "dress up" night, and Robert and I were filling in for some teachers who were absent, so we brought the girls along too.

So here they are:

Cinderella:




Prince Charming:



Bruno, the dog:


and the little mouse:


Here's the only picture I could get with all four of them together:


And then James got bored and left...


I tried very hard to get a picture of Cinderella running away from Prince Charming, while he holds her slipper and calls "wait!" This is what I got instead:


(please ignore the big piles of dishes in the background. We had to take photos in the kitchen because that's the only room with good overhead lighting. As you can tell, I spent the week sewing, not cleaning.)


Finally, here's one of the Prince fitting Cinderella's slipper on her foot. I think it's my favorite!


I love the demure little expression on her face. She likes having her brother kneeling at her feet WAY too much! ;-)

Cinderella was a big hit. Next year I think we'll go for something simpler though! Whew! I'm tired of sewing.

2 comments:

  1. The costumes turned out great! I want to see them in person though, I think they look so cute! Josephs prince charming worked out too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The costumes look fabulous!! As for the dishes in the sink.....don't worry about them. It's been my experience that those dishes pile up whether you wash them or not, but family memories only happen when you take the time to make them. You chose wisely, Mama!!!

    ReplyDelete