Joseph, Gabriella, Julianna, James, and Elora

Joseph, Gabriella, Julianna, James, and Elora

Friday, April 15, 2011

God just "happens" to be in charge...

Today was one of those really hard pregnancy days: 38 weeks, just waiting for the baby, got no sleep last night because I'm so uncomfortable, and of course Gabriella wouldn't take a nap today....and then I tried to get some chores done anyway and my ankles got terribly swollen, to the point where I couldn't even stand up anymore. And then I found out Robert had to work late tonight...oh man, there were about to be waterworks!

But God used all of these unpleasant circumstances to provide me with a great blessing instead. A sweet, sweet lady who sings in choir with us at church has been wanting to bring us dinner for a couple of weeks now, and tonight "just happened" to be the night that she was able to do that. She brought us such a lovely meal, much nicer than anything I've been cooking lately! And the kids and I were able to sit down and eat an early dinner without me having to lift a finger. I felt so humbled and grateful. It was like God used her bringing us dinner to say "nothing's going to happen that I can't handle." And now instead of dishes or more cleaning, I get to sit down in my (finally) clean living room and watch a movie or read some books with my kids with my feet up.

It's such a comfort to know that nothing "just happens" on God's watch. I am praising Him for proving that to me through the kindness of Dee from church.

PS Oh and I am so excited that my sister and brother-in-law are going to be home tomorrow!!
;-)

1 comment:

  1. Ahh, what a sweet blessing! We talked with Mrs. N at the convention and she was excited for this little one to come, but told us you weren't feeling well.
    I hope you are feeling better tonight! I can't wait to meet this new one!
    Love, Rebecca

    ReplyDelete