Joseph, Gabriella, Julianna, James, and Elora

Joseph, Gabriella, Julianna, James, and Elora

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

There's no place like....HOME!!


This is a little late, but between moving and Christmas, and trying to un-bury my house enough to even FIND a computer, I just have to say that we're finally

HOME!!!

We moved back 2 days before Christmas (no I DON'T want to talk about that part!!) and we are very, very slowly getting settled back into a normal life, routine, finding all our stuff....etc. If I ever unbury enough to make it look nice, I will post some pictures of what our new house looks like. It practically IS new, so much has changed. And I love it!

I LOVE my new showers and tubs (which both actually work, thank you very much!)

I LOVE the boys and girls rooms, which are painted pretty colors (blue and yellow, respectively).

and most of all, I LOVE LOVE LOVE my gorgeous new maple hardwood floors!! It was worth dealing with mold, 4 1/2 months of moving out, and $$$$$ just for these floors. They are so much easier to clean, deal with, mop up spills, and oh how I do not miss you one iota, ugly stained carpets.

There is always a downside, of course. We all miss seeing Grandma, Grandpa, aunts and uncle everyday!

1 comment:

  1. Yay!! I know your folks will miss you, but I am so glad that you're back in your own home. What a blessing. I'll have to keep reading about those wood floors. I keep thinking they'll be harder to clean than carpet, but so far, it sounds like I'm wrong. Just enjoy them because Dorothy was right, "There's no place like home!"

    ReplyDelete